Knitting WIP number 2,583
Okay I don’t have that many WIP… I think there are 10:
- crochet shawl
- crochet baby blanket (intended recipient is now 1)
- knit scarf
- knit tank top (actually I haven’t started yet)
- crochet water bottle holder
- crochet purse (actually I just need to block, steam and find embellishments)
- knit doll blanket (I wonder if the requestor is even still interested)
- knit scarf (I might give up on this project)
- knit one skein baby hat, haven’t started but the baby isn’t due until October and it is one skein
- knit xback tank top
Then there are all the projects in my head that I want to do. Like some National Knit Crochet a Sweater Year (I can’t remember how they abbreviated it) sweater. I haven’t even picked a pattern or yarn for that so I don’t think it will happen. I know I know, two tanks tops would be one sweater…but I fell in love with this bamboo/cotton yarn blend (Katia bamboo and saw this pattern book with a tank top that looks a lot like my favorite tank top, Louisa Harding yarns Beachcomber Bay Design Collection) so that went on the list. And I already had ribbon yarn for the X back tank (from Knitty) that I found for 50% off at Michael’s (I thought wow a knitted object for only $15 worth of yarn, cool).
So I started Xback back in April. I got thru 2 1/2 skiens in about two weeks, then I thought, this doesn’t look right and discovered that it was like twice the width I needed it to be, so I ripped it (plus I had screwed upn the seed stitch pattern). Then I had to rewind the balls (didn’t know that I should do this on spools at the time), then I started over. It is now August and I’m on skein 4. I’m at the part where I have to split it to make the v-neck and I’m a little scared. But I should just jump in and finish. It will probably go quickly and today is a good knitting day if I ignore everything else on that to do list.
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!