In Bloom bag from SnB:HH
Another finished object. I'm being pretty good about getting various WiP done, but that doesn't stop me from mentally planning more projects.
In July we took a little trip and I found a use for my extra skein of Cascade 220 Superwash (I bought two just in case for a hat). Plus the advantage to crochet on a plane is that I only have one loop to keep track of if security makes me give up my hook. I think this project ended up using about 3/4 of the skein (I weighed the leftovers but that was back in July). It would have been a very quick project had I not set it aside for 3, or is that 4 months. I got about 3/4 done during my plane ride to, and finished the last 1/4 in the car during our sight-seeing.
I finally lined it last week with white with pink polk-a-dots fabric and decided I wanted to put a zipper in (so I used a yellow zipper I had in my fabric stash. I recently saw a version of this bag at a LYS where they put a dowel (or was it a flat stick) in the bottom to help keep the shape and sewing two magnets into the lining for a closure. The crochet on its own is definitely too flimsy for much so I used heavy fusible interfacing on the lining. Sewing the lining with zipper in was a bit of a PITA, the worst part was the section where I folded down the extra zipper lenght, I suspect the proper zipper length would make it much easier.
It was also the first successful project I've done entirely from the yarn stash (the pink and orange yarns in the flower were also leftovers from another project). Think pink polk-a-dot fabric was a recently acquired, straight to stash purchase, I found it with a bag of remnant 1/4 yards for $2 (I got three, all nice, 1/4 yard pieces).