Month behind, is that all?
I'm nearly a month behind here. Yikes. Of course if I think about it too much I'm much more than a month behind on just too much in my life.
I'm in a list-making mood. I've already made an exhuastive Saturday house cleaning type list. And Kat with a K has initiated a UFO resurrection so I am making a list of all of my UFO's (knitting, crochet and sewing I hope she doesn't mind me twisting it a bit) while trying to decide if I should join the challenge. For my purposes an UFO is something that I've purchased all the materials for and have the pattern in mind. For yarn crafts this means I have to have all the yarn and the pattern. For sewing it means I must have the fabric purchased and the pattern (errant notions will be excused). This list will probably look a lot like one I posted in early fall. I keep letting myself be distracted by other craft ideas. This UFO challenge also goes with my [temporary] mandate that I curb craft supply spending. I don't have any more room for yarn or fabric stash at the moment and the fall spending (move, expensive hobby, christmas travel) was painful on the savings account.
- messenger bag
- mini purse-like messenger bag
- curtains (downstairs 3 pair)
- curtains (bedroom 1 pair)
- another skirt
- needle rolls
- baby blankets
- tote bag (possibly for ski boots, made from flip-flop patterned canvas)
- granny square crochet baby blanket (started in April 2005)
- knit baby blanket (just started, the child is due in February)
- knit tank top with yummy bamboo blend yarn
- toddler socks (languishing since turning the heel and starting to pick up stitches, then I stole the needles for other projects)
- hat for my brother (this was a christmas gift…the only yarn I will purchase since he wasn't crazy about my first attempt that also wasn't finished in time)
- hat I was making for brother (Tychus, I've frogged the entire thing because if it is for him it was 6 stitches too long)
- hat for me (I've been waiting to make this hat since last spring when I spied the yarn)
- ribbon tank top (possibly for me, possibly for my sister)
And that is it for now. I have some yarn that will either be a cute spring hat or a drapey tank top but haven't found the right pattern yet. I think I managed to remember everything languishing in my yarn box. Hopefully today I will make progress on the baby blanket due in February and getting my craft stuff back in working order.
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!