I am a laundry machine, almost
Today I went on a major cleaning binge. I didn't have high aspirations when I woke up this morning and it was a sluggish start. I was cold, and have reptilian tendencies in that I move slowly when cold and just want to sleep. So I made myself a pot of tea, Tazo Joy, a special holiday blend, for the curious. Side note: I was a little dubious of the Joy blend of black, oolong and green teas but it is quite yummy. Well two cups of tea later and the caffeine was just zooming through my system.
A few things I accomplished today:
- 3 clothes loads of laundry
- 3 towel loads of laundry
- 1 sheet load of laundry
- 1 blanket load of laundry
- scrubbed toilets and sinks
- vacuumed upstairs & downstairs
- dusted downstairs
- filed a big stack of paperwork I've been meaning to file since October
- put a big stack of paperwork in the recycle bin
- rearranged a piece of furniture (hopefully for the better)
- packed up decorative bits (vases, tea cups, etc) that didn't have a proper "home" in my house
- found a place to display framed photos I've had boxed up
- gathered all my candles, put a few out to use and gave the rest a home
- collated the boxes of christmas stuff in the garage and the "to sort" boxes
- put a few items in my "donate" box
- put a few christmas card addresses in my address book (and was then able to shred the envelopes)
- packed up the last remains of christmas decorations (including all unfinished craftiness)
- set aside stuff I need to mail (fingers crossed I get it to the PO tomorrow)
I still need to do dishes, and fold the laundry (it is piled on the couch waiting for me). Hopefully tomorrow I can keep up the pace and wipe down countertops, mirrors, take out the trash and recycling and get through the remaining piles of paperwork (but oh they are so much smaller).
Oh yes, and I followed a tip from this month's Martha Stewart Living Good Things column and put three drops of essential oil on a cottonball then put the cottonball in the canister of the vacuum. I had a lovely lavender scent while vacuuming and I noticed it when I got back from my walk.
Now if I could just get those last 5 rows of knitting done and work on S's mitten.