Crazy Yarn Lady
My neighbors caught me taking pictures of my yarn in the yard-like area between the units in our complex. I spoke with my next door neighbor about it a little and then noticed a little girl across the yard looking at me through their window. On the bright side they didn't seem to notice me taking pictures of my gazpacho and I now have pictures of everything in my stash. Then I put everything away in ziplock bags (sorting the leftovers by fiber) and threw it in the rubbermaid tub I use to contain it. Next up is taking the time to update my Ravelry inventory
This week I bought yarn with no particular purpose. It is the first time I have done that (up to now I've always envisioned a finished object). A LYS is going out of business so I stopped by to be a vulture (Husband reminded me that vultures are a valid part of the cycle, I was helping them get rid of stock that they needed to get rid of; I just feel bad since I never managed to spend that much there pre-store-closing-discounts). Husband is such a yarn-enabling tolerant man, or is that yarn-tolerant, enabling man?
I've now added the following yarn to my yarn tub:
- 2 skeins of Blue Sky Alpacas dyed cotton (one for swatching for a sweater, the other because it was the same color and more is better, plus all that was left in a color I liked)
- 3 skeins of Berroco Softwist in a pretty pale blue
- 6 skeins of GGH's Linova in lavender (I hope this is enough for some sort of summery top)
- 2 skeins of GGH's Linova in two other coordinating colors for swatching or bits of contrast if a little extra yarn is needed
- 1 pattern that I've been wanting for a while
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!