progress, finished, started
Sheldon the turtle butt now has a neck, head, eyes, legs and shell. I'm currently in the middle of doing the attached i-cord to put the shell together, then I will stuff and sew on his legs. I missed my own personal deadline, but luckily my nephew probably won't notice (or remember if my SIL cooperates) that his first birthday present didn't arrive on his birthday.
Saturday evening I finally hand-stitched the binding onto the oven mitts and finished my first project almost completely done on my sewing machine. I was really happy that I decided to stitch the quilting lines about 2 inches apart on the oven mitts because all that quilting, even on a machine, got old fast. And I had to pull out the old machine to sew the binding on since the diameter of the babylock's free-arm was just a bit too big for the oven mitts' opening. But the project is done and ready to be packed up and shipped off to my mom. I hope the insul-bright batting works effectively. The potholder pattern is from Amy Butler's In Stitches book and I traced my favorite oven mitt for the oven mitt pattern. Originally I was hoping for two matching oven mitts but didn't have enough fabric. I bought 1/2 yard of each fabric seen and that was basically just enough, I have 2 bias binding strips leftover, 2 triangles from either side of cutting the bias binding and a few pieces of quilted scraps from the oven mitts.