Sheldon is done
I just realized that this is my first finished object of the year. Wow. I'm totally slacking. Well, my first knit finished object, I've sewn a few things.
So check out TurtleButt!
He has a body and clothes and legs and everything. I sewed the last two legs on at my knit night last night. Leave it to wanting oohs and ahhs over a cute knitted toy to get my project finished. Tonight I plan on dragging TheHusband to the bookstore to buy some board books for my nephew then we can pack up and send the birthday present.
What I will do differently next time:
- stuff his body in intervals as it was no fun to stuff his boy through the tiny neck opening
- stuff his shell even less
- leave longer tails after the cast-off of the legs to use for sewing
- leave a slightly bigger neck opening
- follow the pattern's advice regarding the i-cord
- I'd also like to learn a better way to seam the beginning of the i-cord to the end of the i-cord