Socks in just under a year
According to my Ravelry project page I started these Charade Socks in August 2007. Yikes. That said, socks are my whenever-on-going-travel project and so do not get high priority in the knitting queue most of the time. And I had to knit about 2.3 socks to get 2 socks (I had to rip out 3 to 4" of the first sock because it was too small and dense). Also, I am very happy to learn that when I mostly knit on a sock it only takes me about 1 month, I cast on sock number two on June 19 and managed to get a measly 2 inches (if that) done during my six hour flight. Anyway, I plugged away, knitting just a few rows a day here and there. Last weekend when we went camping I was just starting the gusset and somehow during those 4 days managed to knit up to the toe. Wow! I actually needed to tink back 6 rows due to knot believing I'd get anywhere near that much knit and not bringing the needed info (sock #1 foot length and the toe shaping instructions). So I finished up the toe earlier this week and just wove in my ends today.
I hate weaving in ends. I'm also pretty crappy at doing so, but muddled through it. I do have to say it was a lot easier when I stopped using the large blue plastic tapestry needle and started using the smaller, bent tip Chibi needle. For some reason sock #2's stitch pattern has a lot more definition than sock #1. Hopefully it will even out once I wash and wear them.
needles: 5" size 2 dpns (the 5" needles are great, except when all the gusset stitches have been picked up)
yarn: Crystal Palace Panda Wool (46% bamboo, 43% wool, 11% nylon) in color 9628 Periwinkle – 2 balls