What I did on my summer vacation
- hanging out at my mom’s house
- a nice day hanging at my MIL’s with the SIL, nephew and MIL doing nothing in particular
- freezed my butt off at a track meet (and yet I managed to get a shoe tan and burn my scalp at my part)
- graduation ceremony with a 30+ minute talk that was probably 25 minutes too long, the very short valedictorian speeches (yes multiples) were great however
- 1 long morning looking for appropriately timed and priced flights for 3 people and 3 different itineraries
- mad dash through the Dallas-Fort Worth airport to barely make our connecting flight (that’s what I get for booking a 40 minute layover, the unfortunate gate-change didn’t help though)
- attempted to prune roses for my grandmother (I think I did okay)
- making 3 memory boards of photos of grandpa (which I will hopefully turn into photo albums)
- spray painting two (of four) patio chairs and reupholstering the seats
- 3 trips to TJ Maxx with my shopping buddy aunt (where I found a $30 pair of Cole Haan shoes in my cousin’s size)
- 5 trips to the Burbank airport in one week
Well, it wasn’t intended on being a summer vacation, it was just supposed to be a long weekend to go see my little brother graduate from high school (also shown above pole vaulting). My grandpa (the one who started hospice at the end of March and for whom I made a hat) ended up passing away on the Saturday we were out of town, then I realized that I messed up our return flights home by one day and the end result was flying from my mom’s to my dad’s family home for the funeral and between the extra days off work and extra plane tickets and car rental I’m sort of considering it our early summer vacation. Not quite what we intended but oh well. It was really nice to be with a lot of my family and I got to learn a little bit about the life my grandpa had outside the home (he retired when I was like 3 or 4).
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!