finally, crossed off the list
I’m done I’m done I’m done. I finally finished my French Press Slippers and am excited so you get an awful, artificially photo snapped at 10:30 pm. Last Friday I picked up the second yarn (Cascade 220 Sport) in an attempt to find the right yellow trim and over the course of the week I’ve made a few different samples of trim. The color isn’t quite as perfect of a match but the weight and plied construction is much much better.
I finally decided on which trim (at the top is a ruffle trim that looked too much like toes, then a scallop trim that ended up being too big, and the pinwheel trim from the stitch dictionary at the back of Crochet Adorned, but only doing half of it for half circles) ultimately I decided on the half-circle pinwheels which look like smaller scallops. Today I hand stitched the trim to the underside of the flaps and then stitched the flaps onto the slippers. I also played with yellow versus peacock colored yarn to sew the flap and button on and settled on the peacock.
It feels so good to have this project done.