WIP: slogging along
Lovely lighting in my home around 5 pm yesterday… I finally spent some quality time with my blackberry cozy sweater. I’ve been stuck on this sleeve since December, mostly because I refocused on a making christmas gifts.
First I knit a couple of inches and discovered that my new skein was visibly different. So I ripped that out as well as a few inches of the body of the sweater. I restarted the sleeve alternating rounds with the body yarn and the new skein. The color has been fixed but around 4 inches in I realize that my gauge has changed (from 4.33 sts/inch to 4.5 sts/inch). I decided to plod on anyway and cross my fingers that it will wash out. Yesterday I finally made it through all of my decreases and a good bit of the ‘work plain’ portion of the sleeve. Only today I count my stitches before starting my decreases for the ribbed cuff and discover my stitch count is off. Now I’m very tempted to rip the whole sleeve and try again. But I also really thought I’d be wearing this sweater by now and I’m not ready to stomach that sort of set back.