I thought Rosie the bear was going to be a quick knit. By yardage it is, but I’ve stumbled and stalled a few times on this project. Missing my deadline didn’t help (though if my SIL doesn’t say anything I doubt my niece will notice I got her first birthday present to her rather late).
I ended up ripping out half the head and reknitting it. I stopped to experiment with different increase and decrease methods, because for some reason I couldn’t keep them straight in my head and couldn’t bring myself to trust my trusted reference sources. My bear head is so much the better for my patience regarding this shaping.
And now I’m over the hump, both arms are done, Rosie just needs some end weaving, stuffing and eyes/nose/mouth embroidery. Hopefully I didn’t jinx myself with the word just.
Leave a Comment
Be the first to comment!